The Edge 520 is a GPS bike computer that helps you compete and compare. It offers in-ride challenges through Strava live segments, reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate and pairs with compatible ANT+® indoor trainers for data display and control.
The Edge is capable of tracking Functional Threshold Power (FTP), watts/kg and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ or Vector 2 power meters and connected features include automatic uploads, live tracking, smart notifications, send and receipt of courses, social media sharing and weather.
- Here’s Your Competitive Edge: Garmin started with the aerodynamic form factor of the popular Edge 500, added in-ride challenges on Strava live segments, colour display, connected capabilities and advanced analysis features. The result – Edge 520, the GPS bike computer that’s right-sized for competitive cyclists and packed with the features you crave.
- Prove Your Edge: Edge 520 is the first bike computer that’s compatible with Strava live segments and includes a 3-month trial of Strava Premium. With this membership, your starred Strava segments automatically sync with the 520 for live feedback during your ride. You’ll also get alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings once you complete the segment.
- Train on the Edge: Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedalling, and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats. You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting resistance to match the elevation profile. Pair it with a power meter and Edge 520 offers an additional set of features, like FTP and watts/kg tracking, so you can compare yourself to others, as well as cycling dynamics. A built-in FTP test helps you establish your baseline either on the trainer or on the road. Add heart rate and the 520 can derive your VO2 max estimate and post-ride recovery time, which indicates how long before you should attempt another hard effort.
- Optimised Display: Edge 520 compromises nothing when it comes to display – 2.3 inches of high resolution colour. We maximised the display so you get the most live area in relation to the compact size of the 520. You’ll also appreciate the screen clarity in all lighting conditions.
- The Connected Bike: Edge 520 is compatible with ANT+ sensors, including Varia™ bike radar and lights4, speed, cadence, heart rate, Edge and VIRB® remotes and compatible weight scales. It also integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 520 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector series.
- Smartphone Connectivity: When paired with your compatible phone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone alerts, social media sharing, weather and wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, our online community where you can save, plan and share your rides.
- Off the Beaten Path: The compact, rugged form factor and up to 15 hour battery life of Edge 520 make it ideal for off-road adventures. It’s also compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.