The Shimano CN-HG54 is a 10-speed chain specially designed for MTB and City & Touring drivetrains, but is also compatible with the Tiagra 4700 groupset. It is directional, which increases the fluidity and performance of the shifts (HG-X technology). On a performance scale of 1 to 3, the CN-HG54 ranks in the midfield.
Application: MTB, City & Touring, Road
Number of Links: 116
Closure Type: chain pin with double ring (ampoule type)
Pin Type: chromium-plated, solid
Recommended Groupset: Deore, Tiagra 4700
– super narrow HG-X 10-speed chain for 2×10, 3×10
– for all Shimano MTB 10-speed drivetrains
– for all Shimano City & Touring 10-speed drivetrains
– also compatible with Tiagra 4700 and FC-RS400, but not with other 10-speed drivetrains designed for Road bikes
– dirt-repellent design
– outer plate coating: grey, inner plate coating: brown
– gentle shifts even under high loads and in muddy conditions
– performance indicator: advanced (level 2 out of 3)
The directional 10-speed HG-X chain specially designed for mountain bikes is the next evolutionary step in shifting technology. This chain shifts more fluidly, saves weight and increases overall system performance. The outer side is optimised for shifting from the front by a design adapted to the tooth shape of the chainring. The inner side of the HG-X is optimised for rear derailleur shifting and ensures higher shifting performance. The sides are marked to ensure correct assembly.
Warning notice: The high shifting performance can only be reached if the chain is mounted correctly. Should the chain be installed the wrong way, the chain could derail and lead to serious injury.
An asymmetrical mountain bike-specific chain means smoother shifts, lighter weight, and better overall system performance. CloseStep gear ratios mean smaller jumps between gears, more efficient chain movement and a reduced chance of dropping a chain while shifting in rough conditions.
Manufacturer Part Number:
– 1 x Shimano CN-HG54 chain
– 1 x chain pin