Trek Checkpoint SL 5 Women’s Specifications
- Frame – 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Rear IsoSpeed, Stranglehold dropouts, tapered head tube, BB90, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts, Control Freak, internal control routing, 12 mm thru axle, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast
- Fork – Checkpoint carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12 mm thru axle
- Front Hub – Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12 mm alloy axle, CenterLock
- Rear Hub – Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 12 mm alloy axle, CenterLock
- Rims – Bontrager Tubeless Ready
- Tyres – Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700 c 35 c
- Shifters – Shimano RS505, 11-speed
- Front derailleur – Shimano 105 FD-5801, braze-on
- Rear derailleur – Shimano 105
- Crank – Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket – BB90
- Cassette – Shimano HG800, 11-34, 11-speed
- Chain – Shimano HG600, 11-speed
- Saddle – Bontrager Ajna Comp, chromoly rails
- Seatpost – Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10 mm offset
- Handlebar – Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8 mm
- Grips – Bontrager tape
- Stem – Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set – Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set – Shimano RS505 flat mount hydraulic disc
- Weight – 52cm – 9.54 kg / 21.04 lbs
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum||Saddle rail height maximum|
It’s right for you if…
Chamois or cut-off shorts, bikepacking trip or brutal day of gravel racing – you’re going to ride far, go fast and have a great time. You’d rather spend your money on a lightweight carbon frame than a top-of-the-line drivetrain, but you still expect your workhorse gravel bike to perform. You want a bike that’s both fast and comfortable with endless carry options for gravel races and everyday adventures, and you prefer the fit and feel of parts made specifically for women.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Rear IsoSpeed, powerful flat-mount hydraulic disc brakes, a full 2×11 Shimano 105 groupset and 700×35 Schwalbe TL-EX G-One Tubeless Ready gravel tyres. Checkpoint SL 5 Women’s also has Control Freak internal cable routing, an alloy seatmast cap, a Women-Specific Design saddle, Carbon Armour to protect the frame against debris, 12 mm thru axles and Stranglehold dropouts that make it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed.
The final word
Light, fast, comfortable. The Checkpoint SL 5 Women’s is a carbon gravel bike that nails this trifecta. A quality groupset, massive tyre clearance, options for carrying gear, an OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed and a ride quality that can’t be matched.