Here at Gary’s Cycles, the security of our customer's data is paramount.
Information we may hold about you
The following is the information that we will store when you purchase products online, when bringing your bike in for service or sign up to our newsletters are the following:
Your name, address, contact details, telephone number, transaction history, log in and payment information, will be collected.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your data in the following ways:
- To fulfil your order, your information is required to enter into the relevant contract with you and we are unable to do so without this information. Please be aware from time to time your information may need to be passed onto a third party company in order to deliver your products in a timely manner. Please note we will store your information in our Epos system in the shop after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data.
- Please note: by entering any contact details or information on our website, you hereby give permission for our sales team to make contact with you.
- With your consent, your data is also used by our sales team to inform you about similar products and services, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
- Our service department will also use your data in order to carry out repairs to your bike, to contact you when this is ready for collection and discuss any parts etc that is needed to carry out the repair.
- To book a test ride or a service with us
- To process payments, and detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and/or any other criminal activity (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions);
- To keep our website and network safe and secure;
- To measure and analyse our advertising;
If you need this data deleted, please send us an email and request this to be deleted. We need to be sure of your identity and so may request you provide identification documents or confirm other details we may hold about you (such as a recent delivery reference or address) before deleting information.
This policy explains what cookies are, how we use them and how you can switch them off if you do not want them enabled when browsing.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions.
Cookies do not store personal details such as your credit card details, your name or your date of birth.
More information is widely available online with more information about cookies and how you can disable or delete certain types of cookies. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent users from using certain parts of our websites.
- Online payments where you need to set up an account, make an order or make payments.
- Remember items that you have placed in your shopping cart.
- Remember items that you have previously reviewed
- The ability to improve your user experience and personalise your browsing experience.
It is important to review this page regularly, this will ensures that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances.
How to Contact us
Contact us via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org